Hi everyone, Victoria here! Every week I participate in a meme called Top Ten Tuesday, hosted by the Broke and the Bookish. They give us a topic to complete, and we write our top ten for it!
Debut Authors Who Have Me Looking Forward To Their Next Book
- Jennifer Niven, author of All the Bright Places. One of my favourite books I’ve read this year. I wept like a little kid, and I can’t wait to see what emotions she pulls out of me next time
- Brianna Shrum, author of Never Never. It made me hate Peter Pan. I know, I didn’t think that was possible either!
- Pierce Brown, author of Red Rising. Well, technically I’ve already read his second book, Golden Son. But with his amazing world-building, I’m interested to see what kind of worlds he creates when he moves away from this one
And these authors have books I really want to read, and have high ratings, so if they’re as good as they sound, then I’m excited for their next books!
- Victoria Aveyard, author of Red Queen. It has an average rating of 4.12/5, and it’s a dystopian, which I love
- Becky Albertalli, author of Simon vs. the Homo Sapien Agenda. A very cute romance, exploring the struggles of being gay. We need more diversity, so I have faith this author can do it again!
- Maria Headley, author of Magonia. I feel like I haven’t read a really good, original fantasy in a long time. So we need another fantasy author around
- Adam Silvera, author of More Happy Than Not. More diversity, yay!
- Nicola Yoon, author of Everything, Everything. For some reason, this really reminds me of Colleen Hoover. Having two of her around can’t be a bad thing, right?
- Amy Zhang, author of Falling Into Place. Just like Jennifer Niven, I can tell she’s going to rip my heart out. I’m in need of some more authors who can make me cry, it’s too rare an occurance
- Amy Ewing, author of The Jewel. There’s no such thing as too many worlds I want to be a part of! More authors with creative imaginations is perfect. Plus, whoever does her cover art is someone I need in my life
So, there’s my Top Ten Tuesday! My first post on this blog… It’s scary, but I’m sure you guys are nice. And if you are, send me a link to your own post, or tell me which of these authors I need to read first! Oh, and recommend some more for me, I’m obviously not reading enough books that have been published recently…